The Neo G 3D Hot & Cold Therapy Pack is a Class 1 medical device that is primarily used to treat pain, inflammation, and swelling in joints and muscles. As the name suggests, the product can be used for hot and cold therapy. It is a reusable product that is ergonomically designed to treat the larger areas of the body, such as the back, stomach, thigh, and calf.
Features & Benefits of the Neo G 3D Hot & Cold Therapy Pack
- Dual function for hot and cold therapy
- Reusable and comes with a Protector Sleeve to protect the skin from unwanted heat or ice burns
- Universal size (4.5 x 2.5 x 2.4 inches; 5.3 ounces) and easily stored
- Remains flexible when both hot and cold so it can be draped easily over the contours of each body part/area to be treated
- Ergonomically designed to treat the larger areas of the body
- Provides up to 15 minutes of use when either hot or cold
- Designed to be compatible with the use of the Neo G range of orthopedic supports and braces, so that it can be securely positioned within the device and provide compression when needed
The Neo G 3D Hot & Cold Therapy Pack can be used for:
Hot therapy is used to help reduce chronic pain and stiffness of the joints and muscles, which are commonly associated with Osteoarthritis. Heat can also help to soothe general aches and pains such as headaches or a sore neck from sitting at your desk for long periods and even provide relief from menstrual cramps that aim to ruin your day. Heat is also beneficial when you are treating sore muscles from rehabilitation with your physical therapist.
Cold therapy is used to treat pain, inflammation, and swelling, particularly in the acute phase, i.e. when an injury has just occurred such as an ankle sprain or a torn hamstring; and even a fractured bone while on your way to the emergency room. It is also beneficial in injuries such as a slipped spinal disc or dislocated shoulder, and is excellent for pain relief after orthopedic surgery. It is also the go-to management for sore muscles from weight-training at the gym to ball practice on the soccer field. Cold can also be used to provide soothing pain relief from insect bites, tooth-aches, ear-aches, and even pain in the neck/back from Whiplash or locked spinal joints.
How to use it:
- Ensure that the pack is at room temperature before attempting to heat or cool
- Heating: Remove all packaging and place the pack in a heat-resistant bowl. Pour in approximately I,5 liters of boiling water and leave for 5-8 minutes. With caution, remove the pack and dry it with a towel. Then place the pack into the protector sleeve and apply it to the affected area.
- Icing: Place pack in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Remove it with caution, and insert it into the protector sleeve. Apply to the affected area.
- With heating or cooling, the pack should be used up until you find it comfortable, but it should not exceed 15 minutes.
- If you are using a Neo G supportive device with the therapy pack, make sure it is fastened more loosely than usual so that it is not too tight. This can restrict blood flow and cause pain.
Supports and Braces that can be used with the Neo G 3D Warm & Ice Therapy Pack:
- Always consult a Physician or Allied Health Professional (Such as Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist) before you use this product. It may be contra-indicated in some conditions and cause damage.
- Do not use on broken skin or over open wounds.
- Do not use it for babies or small children.
- Not suitable for people who have decreased sensation (unable to feel heat or cold properly) such as those who suffer from Diabetes or Spinal injuries.
- Always make sure to use the protector sleeve to prevent yourself from sustaining a heat or ice burn, and check your skin frequently while using it.
- Do not use for more than 10 - 15 minutes at a time.
- If you get a rash or your pain worsens with using the pack, please consult your physician immediately.
- Do not use if you have an allergy to any of the materials that the pack is made of.
Inside: Non-Toxic Gel
Outside: Woven Nylon, PVC
Wash & Care:
- Handwash both the pack and the sleeve with cold water and soap. Dry flat.
- Do not use fabric softener or bleach.
- Store in a cool, dry place.