Plantar Fasciitis orPoliceman’s Heel as it’s also known, refers to inflammation of the thick band of tissue that connects your toes to your heel bone. It occurs on the bottom of the foot and is often described as a ‘stabbing pain’ near the heel. As those who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis will tell you, it can make your activities of daily living very challenging; even more so if you are an athlete. This is where the Fasciitis Fighter comes in.
Plantar Fasciitis can be treated with ice therapy, massage, and even Kinesiotape for short-term relief, but podiatrists, physiotherapists, and biokinetics everywhere will tell you that strengthening the plantar fascia is key for long-term recovery. In addition, strengthening the entire foot and calf muscles also helps to stave off recurrent bouts of inflammation.
The Fasciitis Fighter was designed by a physiotherapist to perform specific plantar fascia strengthening exercises in a comfortable and safe way. The Fasciitis Fighter is a closed-cell foam product aimed at relieving Plantar Fasciitis pain without having to use something as ineffective as a rolled-up towel. The product allows you to place the plantar fascia under tension while working the muscles in your feet and calf.
The main difference of using this device compared to being on a flat surface is it raises the toes which stretch the plantar fascia. If these exercises are performed over a three-month period or more, they help the plantar fascia tolerate the load of day-to-day activities and help improve pain levels in persistent plantar fasciitis.
Features and Benefits of the Fasciitis Fighter:
- Helps provide pain relief for Plantar Fasciitis
- High load strength training device
- Designed for evidence-based exercises
- Made from EVA foam that is comfortable and safe to apply pressure of the feet and toes
- Ease of use without the hassle of rolling up a towel
- Encourages compliance in completing the exercises as you have a specific device to do them on
- More consistent and measured approach – with a towel this can vary day to day and it also compresses quickly and inconsistently
- You can feel when you are improving as you will not get as much “pull” through the arch and can therefore do more repetitions
- Recommended by physiotherapists, chiropractors, and podiatrists around the world
The Fasciitis Fighter can be used for:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Arthritis of the foot
- Basketball Players
- Athletes of all kinds
- People who are on their feet a lot
How to use the Fasciitis Fighter:
NB: The Fasciitis Fighter should always be used under the guidance of your health care professional because every patient is different and their strengthening needs and tolerance may vary.
- Stand next to a counter, wall, or tabletop so you will have a stable base to place your fingers on for balance.
- Ensure that your fingers are only touching the stable surface and you are not putting any bodyweight on it. This is to ensure that your feet are doing all of the work as is intended for the exercise to be done properly.
- Using one foot, place your toes on the raised part of the device and have the balls of your foot resting on the flatter cushioned surface. It’s okay if not all your toes are raised but ensure your big toe is in the correct position.
- Your other foot can be flat on the ground for support.
- Start with your heel on the ground and slowly raise your heels and hold this position for 3 seconds.
- Gently lower your heel back into the starting position.
- You can start with 10 repetitions and slowly increase them as time goes on.
- In order to progress the exercise, you can lift the unaffected foot off the ground so your affected foot will have to carry the entire weight of the body.