The 66fit Coccyx Seat Cushion serves the function of a standard cushion, which provides you with a comfortable surface to sit on, but it has an additional space or gap made for your tail bone also called the coccyx bone.
The function of a coccyx cushion is to reduce the pressure applied to your coccyx bone in the upright sitting position as it has a horseshoes shaped hole which houses the coccyx bone while sitting, thus most of your body weight is supported by your ischial tuberosities or hip bone rather than the coccyx.
With this modified sitting cushion, the pain in your coccyx bone due to prolonged sitting can be prevented or cured.
Features Of The Allcare Coccyx Cushion:
- High-density PU Foam: The cushion is made from high-density PU (polyurethane) Foam that is resilient and firm for supporting the seated position and providing a comfortable surface for seating.
- Horse-shoe-shaped cut-out: This cut-out is located at the back portion of the cushion where the coccyx bone is placed during sitting. The purpose of this cut-out is to relieve the pressure from the coccyx bone in the sitting position. While sitting on this cushion, because of the cut-out shape, your whole body weight is supported by your hip bones, and the coccyx bone is free from any compression, thus relieving pain significantly.
- Wedged shape: The cushion has more height at the back than at the front, giving it a wedged shape that tilts the pelvis anteriorly, preventing rounding of the back, slouched posture, and maintaining a neutral spinal curve while sitting. With this unique mechanism, the 66fit Original Coccyx Cushion is intended to prevent lower back pain along with coccyx bone pain.
- Size: The cushion comes in a convenient size that fits in most chairs and car seats.
- Lightweight: It is a lightweight cushion that further increases its portability.
- Carry handle: The cushion is fitted with its own carry handle so that you can easily transfer it from one place to another or hold it hanging in your hand while carrying it.
The Original Coccyx Cushion Can Be Used For:
The coccyx cushion can be used for any condition that is presented with pain in the coccyx bone. Because of its versatile design, it not only reduces the pressure from the coccyx bone in the sitting posture but also supports the natural curves of the spine by tilting the pelvis anteriorly.
Here are some common conditions in which you can use the coccyx cushion.
- Coccydynia: It is a painful condition of the tailbone caused by a fall on the bone. It causes bruising, swelling, and severe pain in the tailbone that further increases with pressure during sitting.
- Post-Childbirth: During childbirth, the mother’s coccyx bone can get bruised or dislocated due to pressure from the baby’s head which can further cause severe pain after childbirth.
- Pressure sores: It occurs when the skin over the tailbone becomes bruised, or discoloured due to pressure from prolonged sitting or any external trauma.
- High-density Poly Urethane Foam
- Plush velvet fabric cover
1. How to use the 66fit Original Coccyx Cushion?
Answer: The cushion comes in a box that has colour-coded instructions for using the cushion. You need to put the cushion in your seat with the heightened part and the cut-out at the back. Then sit on the cushion with your tailbone placed inside the cut-out hole.
- Shipping Cost
- Delivery Time-frames
- Satchels & Box shipping packaging
- International Shipping
- Reasons for delay dispatch
- Returns Page
Shipping Options and Costs
During checkout you will have to choose a shipping method. Here is a breakdown.
|Order Amount||Standard Shipping||Express Post|
|$75 or over||Free||$4.97|
All orders are shipped from our warehouse in Brisbane. Our cutoff for deliveries is 1:30pm AEST. If you place an order before 1:30pm on a business day your order will be shipped same day.
Delivery estimates are below.
Orders are dispatched every business day, the cutoff is 1:30pm AEST.
|State||Free Standard Shipping||Express Post|
|VIC||3 to 4 Business Days||1 to 2 Business Days|
|NSW||2 to 4 Business Days||1 to 2 Business Days|
|SA||3 to 5 Business Days||2 to 3 Business Days|
|ACT||2 to 4 Business Days||1 to 2 Business Days|
|TAS||4 to 6 Business Days||1 to 2 Business Days|
|QLD||2 to 4 Business Days||1 to 2 Business Days|
|NT||8 to 12 Business Days||2 to 4 Business Days|
|WA||5 to 10 Business Days||2 to 4 Business Days|
Note: These are estimates based on recent deliveries and not a guarantee. Exceptions apply to rural areas of SA, QLD, NT, WA which can take longer
Satchels & Box Packaging
Most of our orders are sent with mailing satchels. With inflation, supply chain issues and the general increase in costs in almost every aspect of our business - the benefit of using satchels is that it lowers the weight and size of the parcel which keeps our cost down. This has allowed us to continue to offer free standard shipping.
Please note that sometimes parcels can get squashed during transit which cause your products packaging to get dented or slightly damaged. The product will not be affected.
If you wish to avoid any risk of damage during transit or your purchase is a gift we recommend opting for our $1.50 box packaging option. You will find this option in the cart page after you add your items to cart.
We currently only ship to the following countries. New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, South Africa and Japan. We will ship with Australia Post International Standard Shipping which includes tracking and you will be notified via email.
Reasons For Dispatch Delay
We're quite good at dispatching orders within 24 hours of a business day. However delays can occur for multiple reasons that include but is not limited to:
- Incorrect address has been entered against the order.
- Public Holidays
- Extreme Weather Events
- Paypal Echeque payment method can take up to 4 business days for PayPal to mark the transaction as completed
- Bank Transfer payment method can take up to 3 business days for funds to arrive in our bank account
- Personal details may need to be confirmed for fraud prevention if we are unable to verify the shipping destination. Sometimes we will require personal detail verification before dispatching orders to protect the card holder, and this may delay shipping.
- Rarely we have inaccurate stock quantities which can cause your order to go on a backorder
If you are looking to return or exchange an item please go to our returns center here
Our Return Policy Is Stated Below
We have a free returns policy, in case you simply change your mind or you realize the product isn't for you, we'll take care of the shipping costs for you.
However please take care when deciding on a model, size or color. We offer returns within 45 days, for refunds back to original form of payment, exchanges or store credit.
Returns and exchanges will only be accepted within 45 days if:
- The product has only been tried on to judge fit and is in it's original condition with the packaging
- Or in the rare case the product is faulty
To qualify for a full refund or an exchange. Please make sure to:
- Take a photo if the product is faulty
- Keep proof of purchase
We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
Exchange to another size
We will pay for postage both ways (you will receive a postage label) for exchanges to a different size or lower priced product. For an exchange to a more expensive product you will receive a store credit to use.
Returns for a refund
For returns for a refund there will be a free return label provided.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Returns for store credit
You will receive a label for the return postage. A store credit will be processed equal to the order value minus Express Post charge (if any). Store credit will be sent via email.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking to return or exchange an item please go to our returns center here
Private Health Insurance
Each health fund process may differ, they usually will ask for an Invoice/receipt (which is provided upon purchase), and/or a referral from your GP or specialist; we strongly recommend you call them directly to reconfirm a possible claim process in case there has been any sudden policy change in particular to the product you are looking to purchase.
Steps for private health insurance claims:
- Make your purchase online like you would any other order
- We will send the items out immediately upon receiving payment (Instant with PayPal, AfterPay or Credit/Debit Card)
- Submit your invoice/receipt to your health insurer
- Your health insurer will reimburse you
For NDIS or workers compensation
Please visit our NDIS page