The Neo G Bunion Night Splint is a device used to help treat Hallux Valgus deformities more commonly known as Bunions. A bunion (or Hallux Valgus) is a fleshy and bony knob that forms on the side of your big toe, which occurs when the joint connecting the foot to the big toe comes out of alignment over time. A bunion can often cause quite a bit of pain and inflammation in that area of the foot, and if it gets worse over time, it can lead to discomfort when walking, and even cause a persistent limp.
It occurs mostly in ages 18 - 65 and it is more common in women. It’s usually the bane of existence for a lot of women trying to rock a sleek pair of heels at the office or for a night out on the town. The Neo G Bunion Correction System - Hallux Valgus Night Splint is the answer to help restore your feet, and more importantly, keep pain and uncomfortable surgery at bay.
The Neo G Bunion Splint offers mild to moderate support to help relieve the symptoms associated with Bunions. If used correctly, it can be used to correct the positioning of the affected toe or at the very least, it can help to stop the bunion from getting bigger. It can be used both before and after surgery should you need it.
Features & Benefits of the Neo G Bunion Night Splint
- Helps relieve pain, discomfort, pressure, and inflammation when you are asleep
- Helps reduce the tendency towards the development of a bunion should you discover that you are prone to it
- It can be adjusted to provide the best fit in order to maintain the alignment of your big toe in relation to the bones of your foot (metatarsals)
- The inside of the splint is made with soft foam so that it cushions and helps soothe the tender area
- For use pre- and post-operatively
- Available in a universal size that should fit most feet
- Available in Right and Left options
How to use the Neo G Bunion Night Hallux Valgus Splint:
- Identify the velcro fastener and undo it
- Place the splint onto your foot so the foam insert sits comfortably around the inner side of you big toe
- Secure the fastener around the outer side of your foot
- Make sure the splint sits in position and is securely fitted without restricting blood flow
- To be used at night or when you’re having a rest
- Always seek medical advice from your physician or physiotherapist before using
- Do not use over broken skin or open wounds
- Do not use with shoes
- Do not use if liniments, ointments, gels, creams or any other substances have been applied to the affected area
Polyurethane, Polyamide, Polyethylene
Wash and Care:
- Only wipe with a damp cloth.
- Do not use Fabric Softener or Bleach
- Do Not use it in a washing machine or attempt to iron.
- Store in a cool, dry place.