Below are the 3 best elbow braces in the market today:
- Mueller 75217 Adjustable Elbow Support
- Mcdavid 486 Thermal Elbow Strap
- IMAK Elbow Support Night Splint
Mueller 75217 Adjustable Elbow Support
- Neoprene fabric
Neoprene offers numerous benefits when applied to joint braces like the Mueller 75217. In this case, the most important is the fact that it maintains warmth around the joint. This, in turn, improves blood flow and promotes faster healing.
- Adjustable Velcro loop and hook straps
This allows you to increase or reduce the tension around your elbow depending on the degree of swelling. That way, you get to enjoy optimum compression around the joint as it continues to heal. The adjustability also comes in handy as it ensures that the elbow brace fits perfectly.
- Special HydraMesh fabric compartment
This layer is meant to provide aeration and moisture-wicking within the brace. It promotes comfort and also cools down the joint contributing significantly to pain relief.
- Aegis anti-microbial treatment on the inner layer
This microbe blocking technology is unique to Mueller braces. It features different compounds meant to discourage the growth of bacteria and other micro-organisms. That way, you do not have to worry about things like nasty odors as a result of wearing the brace for long periods of time.
- Slip-on design makes it easy to wear
- Breathable material for day-long comfort
- No odors or skin irritation from wearing too long
- Adjustable straps offer a customizable fit
- It does not offer sufficient support which makes it unsuitable for unstable elbow joints.
Real Reviews For Mueller Adjustable Elbow Support
McDavid 486 Tennis Elbow Strap
- Elbow strap design
The McDavid 486 is less of a brace and more of a strap designed for golfers and tennis players. The 3.5 inches wide strap is worn below the elbow to offer support not only to the joint but also to the surrounding tendons. It is ideal for use in elbow injuries that result in inflammation of these tendons common in tennis and golf. With tennis elbow injuries, the brace helps compress and stabilize tendons on the lateral side of the joint including the ECRB muscle tendons. With golfer’s elbow, on the other hand, the compression and stabilization are on ligaments on the medial aspect of the shoulder including the ulnar collateral ligament. This allows you as the wearer to continue playing without compromising on the healing process.
- Nylon and Neoprene material
Nylon is responsible for the elasticity and the consequent compression offered by the strap. It also makes it light and airy which contributes to the comfort offered. Neoprene, on the other hand, helps my maintaining warmth around the joint for faster healing. It also offers moisture wicking benefits to keep the area dry despite sweating.
- Adjustable Velcro fastening
This adjustability is meant to allow customization of the straps fit around the arm. The Velcro also makes it very easy to put on and take off with one hand.
- It is ideal for elbow related tendonitis
- It allows flexible movement for use during sports activities
- It tends to slip off the wearer’s arm if not fastened properly
- It is unpadded therefore uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time
Real Reviews For McDavid Tennis Elbow Strap 486
IMAK Elbow Support Night Splint
- Removable splint
It features a pair of lateral rigid plastic splints on either side of the joint. These are meant to minimize movement of the joint as it heals. The IMAK is therefore ideal for more serious elbow injuries that require stabilization of the joint.
- Dual hook and loop Velcro fastening
This design further contributes to the support offered by the splints. The fastening straps are designed in such a way that the support and compression are spread along the entire brace from top to bottom. There is also a gap between the two where the elbow is that allows for some slight flexing and extending of the joint.
- Soft cotton lining and breathable foam padding
This IMAK elbow brace is designed for night time use. To ensure maximum comfort in this case, it features a smooth cotton lining and soft padding. Cotton is also breathable and has moisture-absorbing capabilities which further contribute to comfort.
- It is comfortable and breathable
- It offers great support for unstable elbow joints
- It restricts movement that could cause more pain or hinder proper healing
- It is long and bulky
- It tends to slip off the elbow with movement
Real Reviews For The IMAK Elbow Night Splint
When it comes to elbow injuries, the type of brace you settle for depends entirely on the specific nature of the injury. It is therefore always a great idea to consult a professional before making the decision. For sprains and strains, something as simple and sturdy as the Mueller model would be ideal. For tendonitis, a strap such as the McDavid will do the trick whereas more serious injuries that require more restrictive support would benefit the most from the IMAK brace. Whatever the case, the 3 models above without a doubt have earned their ranks as the best elbow braces on the market.