IMAK’s Compression Arthritis Elbow Sleeve A2015 is designed to give all day comfort and relief from arthritis and other pain inducing ailments of the elbow, such as fibromyalgia and general overuse.
The elbow is a joint where three bones come together – the humerus, the ulna and the radius. Each bone has cartilage on the end, which helps them slide against each other and absorb shocks. These are kept together by ligaments. Your tendons connect the bones to your muscles, allowing movement of the arm. As you can see it’s a complex arrangement, where just one small injury to one of these parts or the blood vessels and nerves that surround them, is bound to cause pain.
Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. It can affect one joint or multiple joints. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, with different causes and treatment methods. Two of the most common types are osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The symptoms of arthritis usually develop over time, but they may also appear suddenly. Arthritis is most commonly seen in adults over the age of 65, but it can also develop in children, teens, and younger adults. Arthritis is more common in women than men and in people who are overweight.
Features and Benefits of the IMAK Compression Arthritis Elbow Sleeve
- The IMAK elbow sleeve is designed to give relief all day long. This makes it a good choice for those people living with pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia and other ailments and injuries that cause elbow pain.
- This sleeve provides the user with mild compression for warmth, while also increasing circulation which helps promote healing and reduces pain.
- It’s made from soft, breathable cotton which makes it comfortable to wear 24/7.
- Its Tri-band technology keeps the sleeve firmly in place.
- The sleeve also has a vented back which enhances breathability and comfort. It’s perfect to wear in any situation, whether it’s taking the dog for a walk, sitting behind a desk or playing sport.
- The IMAK Compression Arthritis Elbow Sleeve has received the Ease of Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation. The Arthritis Foundation is a non-profit organisation that is dedicated to addressing the needs of people living with arthritis in the United States.
- The IMAK elbow sleeves come in grey and are available in various sizes. To decide which size you need, measure the circumference of your arm around the middle of your bicep.
IMAK Compression Arthritis Elbow Sleeve A2015 can be used for:
- Support for advanced arthritis of the elbow
- Support for bursitis
- Tennis elbow
- Repetitive strain injury
- Joint swelling
Material and Allergy Information
- 100% Latex free
- Soft breathable cotton material
- 92% cotton
- 8% Spandex
The elbow sleeve is fully washable. Simple wash in cold water, using a mild detergent. Rinse in cold water and then air dry. Do not use fabric softener and do not tumble dry.
How to put on the IMAK Compression Arthritis Elbow Sleeve
Fold over the Tri-band at the top of the elbow sleeve, so the Tri-band is on the outside of the sleeve. Slip the sleeve over the hand and gently pull it up the arm. When in position, unfold the Tri-band, so it’s securely kept in place.