Knee pain affects most people at some time in their lives. Wearing a knee sleeve, such as the IMAK Compression Arthritis Knee Sleeve A2015 can bring relief 24 hours a day.
Knees take a lot of strain every day. Even without exercise, our knees are put through the mill on a daily basis and we suffer the consequences. In the United States, there are over 700,000 knee replacements done each year and this is expected to rise to around 3.48 million procedures by the year 2030. In Australia, there was an increase of 88% between the years 2003 and 2014. It therefore makes sense to take care of your knees and protect them from injury and re-injury.
The knee is bound by an intricate system of ligaments, tendons, cartilage and muscle and, as such, is prone to wear and tear and injury. Our knees absorb one and a half our body weight with every step, so it perfectly understandable that knees develop problems over time, such as osteoarthritis and various major and minor injuries.
Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. It can affect one joint or multiple joints. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, with different causes and treatment methods. Two of the most common types are osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The symptoms of arthritis usually develop over time, but they may also appear suddenly. Arthritis is most commonly seen in adults over the age of 65, but it can also develop in children, teens, and younger adults. Arthritis is more common in women than men and in people who are overweight.
Features and Benefits of the IMAK Compression Arthritis Knee Sleeve A2015
- The IMAK knee sleeve is designed to give relief all day long. This makes it a good choice for those people living with pain from arthritis, fibromyalgia and other ailments and injuries that cause knee pain.
- This sleeve provides the user with mild compression for warmth, while also increasing circulation which helps promote healing and reduces pain.
- It’s made from soft, breathable cotton which makes it comfortable to wear 24/7.
- Its Tri-band technology keeps the sleeve firmly in place.
- The sleeve also has a vented back which enhances breathability and comfort.
- It’s perfect to wear in any situation, whether it’s taking the dog for a walk, sitting behind a desk or playing sport.
- The IMAK Compression Arthritis Knee Sleeve has received the Ease of Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation.
The IMAK Compression Arthritis Knee Sleeve can be used for:
- Non-invasive arthritis relief
- Joint swelling
- Helping to restore knee stability
- Slowing down joint degeneration
- Protecting the knee against recurrence of old injuries
Material and Allergy Information
- 100% Latex free
- Soft breathable cotton material
- 92% cotton
- 8% spandex
The knee sleeve is fully washable. Simple wash in cold water, using a mild detergent. Rinse in cold water and then air dry. Do not use fabric softener and do not tumble dry.
How to put on the IMAK Compression Arthritis Knee Sleeve
Fold over the Tri-band at the top of the knee sleeve, so the Tri-band is on the outside of the sleeve. Slip the sleeve over the foot and gently pull it up the leg. Position it about 4 inches above the knee and then unfold the Tri-band, so it’s securely kept in place.