The Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouthguard 6100 for youths protects the teeth with a gel fit liner that moulds to the shape of the teeth for a comfortable and tight feel. Shock Doctor mouthguards have state of the art multi-layer technology and advanced custom gel fitting in their lightweight, low profile designs. The exoskeletal shock frame with integrated jaw pads provide maximum impact protection while minimising impact transfer. The Gel Max Mouthguard has an integrated breathing channel which ensures comfort while wearing it. Please note that this Gel Max Mouthguard cannot be worn with braces. It comes is one colour – blue/black.
Wearing a mouthguard is essential for many sports and should be encouraged from a young age. Collision and contact sports are obviously the number one culprits when it comes to dental injury but non-contact sports, such as athletics, gymnastics and skating, are also culprits when it comes to damage to the teeth and jaw. A mouthguard also protects the wearer from sustaining a concussion or jaw injury.
This mouthguard comes with a $10,000 dental warranty. So should the mouthguard not protect the teeth as promised by Shock Doctor, then a claim can be lodged.
Benefits of the Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouthguard 6100Y
- Gel Fit™ Liner for tight comfortable, fit
- Exoskeletal Shock Framer™ provides impact protection for the teeth, jaw and brain
- Triple-layer design for maximum protection, fit and comfort
- Cannot be worn with braces
- Comes with a $10,000 dental warranty should the mouth guard not provide the protection as required and treatement is required
- Strapless version
- Youth size is recommended for those 10 years old or younger
The Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouthguard for Youths can be used for:
- Protection against concussion
- Protecting the TM joint from dislocation and related injury
- Protecting against internal oral lacerations such as injuring the tongue or cheek
- Protecting the teeth from tooth fractures, tooth loss and tooth displacement
- Protecting the jaw from fracture caused by side and bottom jaw impacts
The Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouthguard Benefits All Sports:
- Martial arts – protects teeth from frontal impact and lower jaw impact
- Contact sports such as rugby, soccer, AFL and basketball
- Boxing and wresting
- Extreme sports
- Hockey and ice hockey
- Skateboarding and BMX
Fitting the Shock Doctor Gel Max Mouthguard 6100
Custom fitting the mouthguard is easy. Simply boil water and remove from the heat for 30 seconds and then place the mouthguard in the water for 75 seconds. Remove it from the water with a slotted spoon and then run it under a cold tap for a couple of seconds to reduce the surface temperature. Place it on the teeth and bite down hard, suck in strongly and use your fingers to press the edges of the mouthguard into the teeth and gum line through the lips and cheeks for 20 seconds. Remove it and run under a cold tap for 30 seconds and check for the perfect fit.
Material and Allergy Information
- Dual composite construction